Rome is full of exciting things to do for free, many of these being visiting some of the most amazing monuments and pieces of art in the world. To reach them is easy, just use Cabs4Rome Rome taxi transfers both from airport and port and get yourself downtown.
Flickr /Moyan_Brenn DeLight (back again)
Here’s our top 10:
1. Wander around the Roman Forum, one of the most iconic and ancient places in Rome, where you can have an actual taste of what Rome used to look like. Nearby, there’s the Colosseum and the Constantine’s Arch, another amazing free site.
2. Climb the Spanish Steps, that lead from Piazza di Spagna to Trinità dei Monti, right in the centre of Rome. One of the most wonderful spots in the city.
3. Flick a coin in the Trevi Fountain and make your wish!
4. Put your truthfulness at test with the Bocca dell Verità (Mouth of Truth) and feel a bit like in the movie Roman Holidays.
5. Enter one of the most amazing architectural structures in history, the Pantheon, which will bewitch you with its peculiar dome.
6. Make sure to be in the Eternal City the last Sunday of the month, so you can enter the Vatican Museum for free.
7. Have an amazing view of the city from the Pincio Terrace, very romantic at sunset, from which you can start strolling about Villa Borghese, one of the most beautiful parks in Rome.
8. When in Rome, do like the Romans. So take a walk around Testaccio, very iconic neighbourhood, surely one of Romans’ favourites. Also, check out the Pyramid!
9. Piazza Navona and Campo de’ Fiori will enchant you with their beauty, art and food.
10. All the parks, which are normally called Villa, are free in Rome. But, most importantly, they are huge and gorgeous.
Comments are closed.